So... that happened 😬Continue reading
I recently built a new version of the site for
modular-css and struggled for a while with syntax highlighting. A previous iteration of the site had used
prism.js, but I was never thrilled with how well its language grammars caught various edge cases. During development I also tried out
shiki which is a really interesting idea in that it can natively read textmate themes. In theory this meant that it could exactly match the theme used for the REPL but in practice it made adjusting the theme incredibly awkward.
I build game UI with web technology. This leads to a lot of focus on performance optimizations, and thus a lot of work on the
modular-css packages with an eye towards supporting the most-performant workflows possible. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to ensure that
@modular-css/rollup in particular fully supports code-splitting at least as well as rollup itself. That's... not always a mark I've hit, but it's always something I try for.
There's a variety of reasons why supporting a totally-different paradigm like CSS Modules in a fundamentally JS-focused bundler like rollup. Let's go through some of them with some code samples from
I last blogged in... 2011 so I'm a little out of practice, but I've been thinking more and more lately about how & where content is published online. I put a lot of stuff on twitter and github but sometimes you need more context than twitter but not the permanence of a github repo. A blog seems like the right place for that.Continue reading